Introducing space travel to the primitive Florans had the undesired effect of Floran colonies spanning across star systems, each with their own customs and levels of aggression. Despite this, individual Florans have been known to split apart from their society to lead their own lives in isolation or in the solace of other races, at the cost of being cut off from the collective and considered enemies of all flora for good.
Though a unisex race, Floran culture values survival through reproduction and expansion over environmentalism or any perceived bond to Mother Nature. Cannibalism during funeral rituals and wars with rival factions are commonplace, though it remains unclear whether it’s out of conservation or simple tradition.
Their aggressive nature appears to be borne from a lack of a concept of non-plant life as opposed to outright contempt. Owing to their relatively young age as a species, this tenet dominates their culture and justifies their treatment of visiting races, though there are signs of some beginning to question this, implying that Floran individuals might not be inherently “evil” as previously thought. 
The Floran starter ship looks very similar in shape and design to the Apex ship. However, it's overgrown in vines and plants that twist around every beam inside and outside the ship. Even the engine has vines clinging to it. The ship looks overgrown and very organic, with some subtle bio-luminescent lights touching things off. It was first shared in the May 2013 edition of the Starbound Chronicle.
The ship pet unique to Floran Ships is a snake.
- Floran technology has mostly been reverse-engineered, such as discovering FTL space travel through an Avian spacecraft which crash-landed on their planet.
- When investigating the player's ship chair, the player notes that it "Sssmells of Apex butt." Given the fact that the ship itself looks like an Apex Ship overgrown by plant life, it's highly possible that it was stolen from an Apex.
- Florans have a hatred for Hylotls, most evident in what the villagers say.
- The assumed leader of the Florans is called Greenfinger, and is currently having diplomatic relations with Thornwing (The leader of the Avian), Big Ape (The leader of the Apex) and an unknown person. It is speculated that it is the leader of the Hylotl, because the humans have no current leader, nor the Novakid, and it doesn't also mention the emotion, tone or type of the sentence, and thus, it's not a Glitch.
- Florans can manipulate plant life for multiple purposes (See "Greenfinger's Notes Treetop Dwellings")
- Burial rituals of the Florans don't include gravestones. Florans plant flowers instead.
- ↑ http://playstarbound.com/meet-the-florans/
- ↑ http://playstarbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sbchroniclemay2013.html